If your brand is on Facebook —as most modern brands are—it’s time to make sure you look beyond your main Facebook page and pay very close attention to what is happening on your Local Facebook Pages.
Local Facebook Pages can achieve five times more reach than national Facebook pages, and generate eight times more impressions. These numbers tell us a story, the main takeaway being this: there’s huge growth in the number of people carrying out local searches (and many of them do so on mobile devices). Consumers are using Facebook not only to share pictures of their kids, cats and cooking creations, but also to find the best tacos in Nashville, a reliable family dentist in Chicago, or the best place to travel in Canada for Spring Break. In other words, Facebook and other social networks have become a go-to resource for everything local.
As Local Pages reach the forefront of the digital marketplace—and where you are becomes as important as who you are—savvy brands need to make the most of their social media presence. These can be accomplished this with a few simple tips:
- Be sure to claim all your pages
- Integrate all pages created by non-affiliated users
- Manage customer feedback (inquiries/comments/reviews)
- Post at an even pace on each of your pages to interact and engage with consumers
All of the above can be a daunting and time-consuming task to tackle. For many brands, working with an agency—one that is enabled by local digital technology—can be a smart way to keep up to date and on track with all of your Local Pages. They will help you with the following “musts” of Local Pages:
- Making sure your Local Pages are accurate and consistent (NAP)
- Keeping your Local Pages active by engaging with customers and keeping comments on a positive note
- There is power in responding promptly and with authenticity (user-generated content)
- Monitor reviews to help create a stable and loyal customer base
- Never let a negative review go unresolved
- A positive or negative review can change a consumer’s mind very quickly either way
- Always remember to say “thank you”!
Keep up with—and ahead of—your competitors by stepping into the now with Local Pages. The potential results alone make it worthwhile: increased sales, higher search rankings, and greater customer loyalty.