As the Product Owner is the product’s key stakeholder, they are responsible for communicating customer/client needs and business product strategy, and translating those needs into new products and features for the team to design. The Product Owner/Business Analyst must have a vision of what they wish to build and be able to communicate that vision to the team. This vision must be closely aligned with and seek direction from DAC’s overall product strategy and product roadmap.
Accountable to the AVP/Sr. Director, Product, the Product Owner works closely with the Product Team to which he/she is assigned. The Product Owner is the primary stakeholder representative on the Project Team and is responsible for articulating successful product outcomes according to the needs of the customer, is accountable for managing and setting priorities for the product backlog to achieve business value and collaborates with the business, the customer and the Product Team.
- Develop and communicate key objectives, strategies and apply the data for a product to Product Teams based on the Business Product Strategy and Vision.
- Manage and oversee multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with technical staff and product marketing teams to document and translate desired business requirements into user stories for the Product Teams to implement.
- Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for sprint planning and product development cycles.
- Work with Creative UX resources on feature designs and User Interfaces.
- A strong understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration requirements and dependencies.
- Accountable for delivering in the Product Team and communicating the product needs with business partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate feature releases; including User Acceptance Testing, documentation, training rollout sequencing and client communication
- Manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for a product(s).
- Develop and maintain prioritized backlog of user stories, epics and themes for implementation to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the Product Roadmap.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure successful product releases.
- Assists in the maintenance of digital products with assessing trouble-tickets and resolving user/system issues related to the scope of their product.
- Understand the organizational strategy and Product Roadmap to ensure product backlog prioritization is in alignment.
- Support the creation of the Product Roadmap and assist in developing business cases.
- Identify opportunities and challenges and recommend options and solutions.
- Key liaison for external Vendors such as Google, Facebook, Foursquare, Snap Chat for integration projects
- Maintain knowledge of updates to APIs provided by Vendors used by DAC for LPM services.
- Become an expert in our vendor’s requirements and processes.
- Formulate projects to leverage new API updates that are inline to Product Vision and Strategy
- Present vendor roadmaps to Directors for Product and Operations for review
- Proactively seek out new opportunities to demonstrate value to our clients.
- 3-5 years in a product strategy role
- 5-7 years of expertise in coding or developing in a Business Analyst or Project Management related capacity.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, with an understanding of the Product Owner role considered a plus.
- Experience working with external Vendors and SAS providers
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) considered a plus.
- Technical Documentation Creation and Assessment. Able to comprehend API Documentation and apply functionality to Projects.
- Strong communication/listening skills.
- Strong Presentation Skills. Able to translate complex Technical aspects into layman’s terms for a less technical Audience
- Digital expertise and experience.