Leading digital performance marketing agency seeks master multitasker
It’s tempting to think that digital projects simply appear out of thin air, but they’re actually the result of a complicated production process — and plenty of good, honest, old-fashioned toil. First you have to harvest raw pixels from the Great Raster Crops; then you need to sculpt them using handheld HTML chisels; after that, it’s time to deposit the finished project in the nearest internet access hole…
Okay, in reality it’s much more business-like than that. That’s why we’re looking for a multitalented Project Manager who can apply professional principles, practices and techniques to lead technical projects and to control project schedule, cost, scope, risks and quality to meet project objectives. We’re not messing around: this role has ultimate responsibility and accountability for all assigned projects, and manages all aspects of the IT project life cycle: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control, and Closure. Are you ready for the challenge? Then we’re ready to hear from you.
- The opportunity to shape the future — yours and ours — at a well-established and fast-growing digital performance marketing agency with offices across the US, Canada and Europe.
- A role in which you’ll manage the project team, ensuring that milestones and project objectives are achieved on time, on budget and within scope; identify and mitigate risks proactively; and ensure the project team members are employing the organization’s project management methodology and best practice principles of collaboration, accountability and transparency.
- A modern, recently renovated working environment in Toronto, complete with free parking, collaborative spaces, treadmill desks, in-building gym and easy access to public transit (three-minute walk to Leslie Subway Station).
- Free breakfast and snacks every day, as well as pizza and birthday cake once a month. Never leave the office hungry again!
- A capable, ambitious professional with 5+ years of IT project management experience (bonus points if it was an agency role), direct experience in Agile methodologies, and a strong track record in managing complex, cross-departmental technical projects in a fast-paced environment.
- An analytical thinker with PMP certification, problem-solving skills and expertise in project management software.
- A born persuader who knows how to facilitate meetings effectively, objectively influence individuals across the organization without direct authority, and manage multiple priorities using exceptional negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Provide resource forecasts and utilization reports
- Ensure the project team is consistently and properly employing project management methodologies and technology
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback
- Work collaboratively with development team leaders to identify gaps in resourcing and initiate hiring conversations
- Track and manage Application Developer team vacation requests and calendars
- Work closely with development team leads to ensure accuracy of resourcing
- Collaborate with Account, Development and Operations teams to develop workable project plans including: scope, timeline, cost, resources, risk, communications and quality
- Update and communicate process documents where required
- Manage competing demands and prioritize work objectively; align with organizational objectives
- Oversee IT department’s processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Communicate with VP of Technology on project status, issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and client goals; escalate issues as required
- Liaise with Business Process Director to ensure operations department is aligned to processes
- Work collaboratively across the organization to manage projects