Appear. Appear Relevant.Be Relevant.
We are looking for a passionate Search Professional to join our talented team of individuals as an SEO Director. In this role, you will be a key part of planning, consulting on and implementing SEO best practice for a high end corporate client base. You will also be a motivating leader to our current team of SEO superstars.
As an innovative thinking with at least 4-6 years SEO experience, you will be always curious about the latest search engine updates. This, combined with attention to detail and a drive to improve client performance allows you the ability to identify and document the tasks that make positive contributions to rankings and traffic. This position will report directly to our VP of Media.
Work in our open and collaborative environment with great people, snacks, drinks, and celebrations. With onsite parking, our offices are also steps away from the Leslie TTC subway station -- avoid the drive into downtown!
- Provide strategic leadership to the SEO team in developing and implementing plan objectives
- Detailed keyword research for new and existing programs
- On-page optimization of pages based on keyword research and program goals
- Suggest content improvements with a view to improving organic traction
- Off-page tactics including article syndication with respect to domain authority enhancement
- Monitor key metrics using analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to assess opportunities and issues
- Monitor campaign progression as it relates to client goals and objectives and report on project status to account manager and client team
- Carry out full SEO audits with recommendations for programs including:
- URL structure
- Navigation structure
- Canonicalization Issues
- Contextual links
- HTML & XML sitemaps
- Title, Header, Image, Keyword and Description Tags
- Social SEO recommendations
- Keep updated on search marketing industry by researching, networking, reading blogs, forums, and news sources
- Share knowledge of SEO practices into the business to assist in the development and recommendation of new SEO strategies
- Minimum of 4-6 years of online marketing experience in a lead SEO role, preferably in an agency environment
- In-depth understanding of the search engine ranking process
- Basic knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS, and web standards. ASP.NET knowledge is a plus
- Highly organized and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Deep experience in keyword research
- Ability to work in a team and cross-team environment
- Proven track record of improving search rankings through application of SEO best practice
- Experience of writing and evaluating copy for SEO purposes
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Webmaster tools, Bright Edge, SEOMOZ tools, Advanced Web Ranking, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple SEO projects at one time
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, and time management skills
- Knowledge of online marking metrics
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience using analytics to identify issues and opportunities
- Fluency in French as well as English is a strong asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting 'DAC - SEO Specialist' in the subject heading. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those that match our selection criteria will be contacted.